- Lymphatic Massage - The Lymphatic system’s job is to detoxify bodily fluids before they are circulated into the blood stream. The Lymphatic system moves the fluids through the body and then to the liver. Toxemia and swelling is a result of the Lymphatic system not working properly. Lymphatic massage reduces muscle swelling, which increases blood flow, which in turn supports proper Lymphatic system functioning.
- Relaxation Massage – The goal of a relaxation massage to is relax you. This type of massage is gentle and less intense that some of the other styles. The therapist gently works the upper layers of the muscle tissue to increase relaxation. Relaxation massage is a total experience as it is preformed in a dim setting, with candles and sometimes with scented oils.
- Myofascial Release - Myofascial release involves applying gentle, sustained pressure to the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions. The massage relaxes the contracted muscles and increases venous and lymphatic drainage. Myofascial release treats somatic dysfunction and relieves the accompanying pain and limited range of motion.
- Sports Massage — Sports massage works on the connective tissue and deep muscle structures. The massage is applied using hard and deep strokes, combined with finger pressure. Sports massage is specifically designed to increase flexibility and prevent injuries. It is specifically designed for the types of injuries obtained during athletic activity.
- Swedish massage - Swedish massage increases blood circulation to more than 4 times its normal rate. The massage releases the stagnant toxins stored in the muscle fibers. The result is fresh oxygenated blood flow into the muscles, that boosts energy levels.
- Pregnancy Massage – Massages during pregnancy have often received ambivalent responses from the health community regarding their safety and purpose. Modern investigation and research has shown that prenatal massage therapy can be an instrumental ingredient in women’s prenatal care and should be given careful consideration. Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health.
- Rehabilitative Massage – Rehabilitative massage is designed to support healing of injuries and restoring full range of motion. Active Release, Myofascial Release, and Neuromuscular Therapy are examples of rehabilitative massage techniques that locate the source of spasms and tension. The therapist focuses on these muscles to restore them to their natural state.
Benefits of chiropractic massage therapy:
The benefits of massage therapy are well noted. Throughout the years, massage therapy has been known to fight a large number of conditions. Some of the benefits of this therapy include, relief from joint and muscle pain, increased blood circulation as well as stress and depression reduction. Massage Therapy has also been known to detoxify the body and remove waste and toxins from the body. The overall result that is sought after in massage therapy is the ability to bring the body to its natural state with increased healing capabilities.
For preventative health:
Consistent manual massage at least once per month has a host of preventative benefits. To prevent the body and mind from disease, we must take a comprehensive approach that includes nutrition, massage therapy, exercise and overall chiropractic care. In keeping with this mentality and regimen, you will have a significantly higher chance of relieving stress and minimizing pain and injury. In addition, the ability for you to fend off disease will be increased as your body will be in top form!
Chiropractic Massage Therapy is recommended for a number of conditions and illnesses. Some of the conditions it is recommended for include: arthritis, tmj, immune system issues, muscle spasms, insomnia, fibromyalgia and many others. It remains an excellent way to help the body heal itself and rid itself of any potential toxins that build up in the system.
Please contact us to see if massage therapy is appropriate for you!
Chiropractic massage is an excellent method for improving overall health and musculoskeletal efficiency. Massage has a number of beneficial effects on the body and the mind. Some of these include removal of toxins that can build up in the muscles of the body, increased circulation, and increased flexibility in not only the muscles, but also the connective tissue within the body.
Massage also can help with muscle spasms as well as soft tissue injuries. Increasing the movement and reducing the overall recovery time by helping the body in the healing process. In addition, consistent massage has been known to increase balance.
Chiropractic Massage has proven to assist in the healing of a large number of conditions including back pain, surgery recovery, eating and sleep disorders as well as high blood pressure and diabetes among others.